Monday, May 31, 2010

Fourth Lake - Cottonwood Lake

Technically I can't count Cottonwood Lake since ADF&G doesn't stock this lake. This lake has a natural population of rainbow trout. I decided at 4 pm that I would swim Cottonwood Lake, when we arrived there was several boats and several kids playing in the water and with leeches. Since this is a larger lake we took out the raft with the trolling motor. We drove the raft to the far end of the lake, from there I swam the length of the lake then back about a third of the way to the boat launch the whole trip took around 30 minutes. This time I started the watch but myself and Morgan forgot to stop our watches. The water was refreshing since it has been warm all weekend with temperatures in the mid 70's. A 300 acre fire in Ekultna provide a haze to the sky. No problems today just had to watch out for the other boaters ( a few additional waves), but I should have known better since it is memorial day. Just remember if you swim this lake stay out away from the shore line to avoid the weeds and swim on the far side of the Island where it is deeper. The side closest to the boat launch is only 54 to 5 foot deep and has a few lily pads. Later in the summer more weeds will be present.

Thanks that is it for today.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment