Monday, July 12, 2010

42nd Homestead Lake

July 12th - Homestead Lake is the smallest of the lakes that are stocked in the Big Lake area. After I found this lake I had to park by the road and walk down to the lake about 200 yards. Be careful private property is posted on your left side. When I got done to the shore it was floating weeds again and a half sheet of plywood has been placed by the edge of the lake that you can stand on. To my left there was an older guy using a pitch fork removing weeds and placing in a trailor. I got my gear on and dived into the lake. 188 strokes later I reached the far end. The far end is full of weeds so I turned around and swam back to the shore. To get back on shore I swam right up onto the plywood like a beached whale. Total time for this swim was 12 minutes 3o seconds. After doing this swim it was still nice weather (75 F outside temp) and sunny, I decided to go check out Rocky Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment