Monday, July 12, 2010

Loon Lake - 40th


July 12th - I decided to go fishing today on the upper Willow. The weather was great and the fishing was okay. I caught 4 graylings a couple of them were 13 inches not bad for the Willow. They all took a small fly that look like a fry. I also caught a nice rainbow around 20 inches on the same fly and missed a couple of others. On advice from a friend I put on a white fly and hooked up with two differnt kings and had the opportunity to fight them on 10 lb test and my 6-7 weight fly pole but they came off without braking my line. After the second king salmon I put the small fly on that resembled the fry. Also, had the opportunity to watch a mink swim cross the river through a log jam with a small fish in its mouth. After 3 hours I decided to walk back to the trunk and drive to Loon lake for a swim.

Loon lake has a nice path that you can drive right to the shore. I got my gear on and entered the water. The enter area is free of mud and has a gravel bottom. Since the enter point is near the middle I decided to swim a triangle. The water had to be around 64 F with the bright sun warmer the top few inches. Once you reach the end of the lake you will run into weeds about 50 yards from the shore. The swim was refreshing after fishing. Total time 28:40.
Off to Morvro Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment