Friday, July 9, 2010

Ravin Lake number 38


July 9th - Ravin Lake is the first lake you come to. If you drive past Ravin you will come to Bonnie Lake. Bonnie Lake is a large lake similar to Long Lake but it isn't on the ADF&G stocking list thus I will only need to swim Ravin. Back we drove to Ravin Lake. There was to easy way to get the boat down to the lake so I decided to leave the boat in the truck and let John be my spotter. We both agreed that Ravin Lake was very similar in size to Weiner Lake. Thus I got ready and follwed the trail down to the lake shore and off I went. 356 strokes later I reached the shore swimming pretyy straight. On the way back I stayed close to the right side of the lake and got surprized by the number of large boulder on the bottom of this lake. Like the other lakes the turbidity or clearity is great. Water temperature very similar to Weiner. There are lily pads near the ends of this lake that you have to swim through. Total time for this swim 23:20. Overall another nice lake to swim. Half way is getting closer. If we had more sunny days like today I could swim alot more lakes.

Thanks again to John for assisting today in my quest to swim 80 lakes.

We did check out Ida Lake on the way home but no gas motors are allowed and we didn't think we had enough left on the battery to complete this lake. Thus, I will have to do this one on another day.

Until next time - enjoy your Alaskan summer we won't have many more days like today!

No comments:

Post a Comment